In today’s digital World, website speed and performance are crucial to business’ success. If your website doesn’t load within a “blink of an eye”, then your visitors are gone and may never return to your site again. Magento eCommerce is on one the best open-source ecommerce platforms. Below, we mention only 9 out of dozens of Magento Website Performance optimization tasks we can perform on a Magento eCommerce Website.
Magento Website Performance Optimization
- Optimize Media Content – Optimize and compress images and videos using various tools.
- Lazy Loading – Load images and videos only when they are visible in the browser (the visitor has scrolled to that HTML element).
- Caching – Caching is vital for site’s speed and initial load time. There are several caching models we can implement and those depend on your website content and how much traffic it processes.
- Remove Unused Code/Content – Remove plugins, media, and pages that are no longer used. It’s also a good practice to clean up database tables.
- PHP – Update to PHP7. PHP7 improves performance and makes your site more secure.
- Test – Use online site performance testing tools such as Google PageSpeed to get feedback and improve on certain metrics.
- Use a Content Delivery Network like Cloudflare.
Need help with your Magento Website Performance?
We at Kento Systems, Inc. have many years of experience in custom web development including Custom Magento eCommerce websites. Our Custom Services include the following:
- Magento Custom Theme Design & Theme Customization
- Magento Extension Development & Customization
- Magento Website Performance Optimization
- Magento Website Security, PCI and HIPAA Compliance. Website Security Audits & Implementation in Los Angeles